So Darling, What is Love?

"What is love?" We asked to ourselves. 

"What do you think?" He asked briefly. 

"Do you want me to explain it to you? You sure?" I asked him back in confusion, just because I wasn't sure too. In fact, he's always been softer than myself. 

"Yeah, please." He answered me, then smiled at me.
What is love? I guess it's when they tell you to wear the safety belt, just to make sure that you're safe enough. 

And, I guess it's also when they listen to you while talking, about everything and they pay attention to it. It might not every detail of it, but they do listen and they do respond. They try to understand you and your things. 

And also, I think it's not always about flowers, presents or feelings. Well it is about feelings of course, but feelings aren't enough when we talk about love. 

"What do you need other than those?" He asked while sipping his coffee. 

Commitment, persistence I guess? Patience, passion and things that make you and your significant other feel comfortable. Not only each other but also with the condition you guys are in. 

"Like cuddling?" 
"That's your thing, but whatever, you can make it as an example." I rolled my eyes. 

And also, love is when they get mad at you whenever you get sick, of course after yelling at you they'll make sure that you've taken all your medicine, eaten regularly and after that, they'll scream at you again. 

"Seems scary I guess." 
"It's scarier when they don't give a damn anymore." 
"I'm going to continue it."

Love is also when they give you a time to do your things, your jobs, you school things, your 'me time', and they don't bug you. 

Also, love is when they support you, believe you and also appreciate you whenever you do a good job of something and tell you to pursue your dreams. Even though your dreams are series of craziest things, they still believe in them, believe that one day you'll have them. 

Love is also when you start doing things that you've never been imagined or thought to do it. Because love should make you as the best version of yourself. 

Also love is when they try to understand your preferences, TV shows, movies, music, books, even your thoughts about politics, it's so much, but they love it, they feel like you give them some new things to understand. Though sometimes they just don't understand it and start saying that theirs better, but still they listen to yours. 

Also love is when they change the TV station just to check the scores of a match. 

"That's cool." You smirked, as usual. 
"What do you know again?" He started to drink my tea. 
"I still can't figure it out, love is a lot of things." As I took my cup from him. 
"Your turn." I said that before I sipped my tea. 
"Okay my turn." He started to fold his hands. 


Love is...