What Have I Done in 1/5 of My Life?

I just had my birthday days ago. I'm officially 20 now. Surprisingly, I asked myself about what have I done all these years. I've reached the 1/5 of my life, but what have I done? And I start wandering the mind palace of mind, achievement and life stories section.

We shall begin with achievements first, shall we? Talking about achievement, I like to categorize things, there are two kinds of achievement when it comes to my little world, the small one and the big one. I must say I haven't achieved anything big up until now, since the big one are really big and also it has the main goal of my life, so I haven't achieved big things. About the small one, lot of things I categorized as small yet meaningful (or maybe turning my life around) achievements.

I'm not going to talk about what are those (re: achievements), but I'm going to talk about the achievement itself.

Some people might think, in one point of their lives, that they haven't done a bit of things that they can be proud of. The more they think about it, the more they feel that they are stuck in one place. It's actually not a wrong thing, I do sometimes think that I haven't done anything (which is somehow true), but making it as a really big deal is somehow wrong. I'm not saying that achievement is not important, it is very important. But the obsession to it, it's the dangerous stuff that comes after 'achieving something' itself. People tend to wrap their achievement in a nice golden big box because it looks tempting, it looks glamorous and also it looks big. But when it comes to the real life, achievements are scattered everywhere, it is not wrapped in something nice, but when you start seeing it in another perspective of life, it is wrapped in a nice and humble way.

Let's say, when you start doing  laundries by yourself instead of going to the nearest laundry parlor, it's an achievement, it does mean you start to believe that yourself capable of doing it and do it better than the laundry parlor. Or maybe when you start going to the nearest laundry parlor and do it for you it simply means you are financially save and have been busy with life doing things that will give an impact to your life or others, and it is also an achievement.

Yes, I do know, achieving big things will give more pride or maybe joy to yourself. Because you've done it and your life will change in no time just because this one achievement. But you won't be proud of yourself, this big achievement doesn't happen that often, one time, two times, three times but not as often as the small one. Achieving itself more like you start to accepting things that happen in your life, it's an another type of being grateful. Because when you start to be grateful of anything that you have done or the world has done to you, you already achieved things more than you know.

Yes you have to focus on big things, which are sometimes mean your future. But don't forget about the details, the details on the big things or just the details that surround yourself everyday. And life is never boring, the boredom you feel sometimes comes within yourself, and with seeing things in details and realizing things in details, boredom is no more to worry. Because the world is that exciting to live in, despite the fact the human who fill it sometimes are just too plain, but that doesn't mean they are boring, it's just we haven't found the thing which connect us, either small stuffs or big stuffs.

So, what have I done in 1/5 of my life? I've done a lot and it made me who I am today and lot of things will come.