New Things I Do in New Year

It's 2018 already y'all! Happy new year thought it's pretty late to say it, but nah it's not that late, yet. So, it's another year for me to live in this chaotic yet beautiful place and another year for me to have some new goals. I've done so much in 2017 and I'm grateful for that, I'm really grateful for everything that happened in that year. I mean, without those bad decisions, impulsiveness, and rushed thoughts; I wouldn't be here, I wouldn't feel what I feel, and I wouldn't start to know myself a little bit better than I used to.

Since I’ve learned a lot in 2017, I will and I want myself to learn a lot more in 2018 too. So, in that case, all we need is resolution, right? But instead of writing down tons and tons of things to do (or things I won’t do), I will be focusing myself on one thing, only one thing and it is self-love. Yap, I will start to love myself more this year.


I might sound a little bit off here because well, let’s face the truth, I still don’t know how to handle myself and to “help” myself whenever something’s off with my brain and my sanity. I mean, I’m still really bad in it, yet I really want to share how I handle and “help” myself lately and I hope in the end of this post you guys will be able to understand yourself a little bit more and know what yourself want.

Here are some new things I do recently:
  • Start cutting toxic relationship and leave toxic people from your life
This ultimate move is the leading move from all. Like really, I mean sometimes some people in your life giving you more stuff to carry on your shoulder. I’m not talking about them sharing their problem to you, no (but if you count it as a problem, then you have a problem). I’m talking about how some people in your life make you feel bad about yourself, consciously or not. Sometimes, those kind of people doesn’t really think much about your well-being and how your mental will take stuff from them. Sometimes they only think about their own self ─their own mental, their own thought. And it is selfish. They don’t really care about how sometimes a relationship, any kind, can affect other in some way, how some people think relationship as something that is really important for them and how some people will fight for it. These kind of people won’t understand that. That’s why cutting toxic people or relationship for yourself is so important, because again, how can we start loving ourselves when other people make us questioning about ourselves.
  • SKINCARE ROUTINE is a must
GOD I LOVE SKINCARE. Where do I begin to explain my love for this marvelous invention of the decade? Yes, I’m aware that skincare has been around for years and years ago, but now everything is more beautiful than before. Back then, I didn’t really care about my face or even my body and surprisingly I started to take care of them recently. Watching my skin getting healthy and GLOW LIKE DAT makes me happy, I mean, I can take care of myself and I think it’s a really good decision which I have chosen. Not only skincare, but doing exercise, eating clean, and also resting well. I mean, you don’t really need to do a skincare routine too if it doesn’t help you as much as exercising or any other does. Do whatever you want to make your body feels more love than it has ever felt before.
  • Give yourself a social-rest every once a week
I used to do it every semester. Yap, every semester. I have lot of things to do and to maintain from organization matter to easy-peasy matter like socializing, just imagine how much energy I spent for it and didn’t give myself a proper break from it. I mostly spent my semester breaks with mental breakdown and whatsoever that bugged me a lot for one month or so. The result was I didn’t enjoy my holiday at all, AT ALL. Then started weeks ago, I gave myself a proper break, say once a week. It’s already giving me good result in my life and handling my tiredness from socializing with people. A break from your social life is always needed, because sometimes you need to laid back for a moment, take a step back to take a breath and observe your surroundings. Then you’ll understand others and also yourself much more. By understanding them more, you’ll know how to control yourself a little bit better day by day and of course, taking yourself better.
  • Do little things that matter for yourself and surrounding
Maybe you make your bed, clean your room, re-arrange your bookshelves, fold your clothes or even scrub your bathroom floor. It’s little thing that matters. As I once said, your surrounding is the representation of your mind condition. So make your bed, change you bed sheet, clean your room, wipe all the dust, make new decoration for you room, put a scented-candle and light it on, take care of your room as it’s the only place you want to spend your life in. Little things yet a big step for yourself.
  • Stop saying sorry
I used to say sorry for 24/7 though I didn’t do anything particularly wrong, but still. Honestly it degraded myself value, I started to think myself as less than the others, not worth any penny even a breath, and a burden for others. It’s not healthy. It’s not healthy to think that you are worth less than others, it’s not healthy to keep saying sorry just to make people think that we have no right to explain ourselves. It’s never okay. Instead of saying sorry, start saying things with the “thank you” word. Because it will make you feel more like a human than saying sorry does. Thank you for reconsidering this as a new thing.

So, those are five things I recently do these days just for the sake of maintaining myself and “help” myself a little bit better. I know it’s not much, but it helps me a lot these days and makes me feel better every single day. I really do hope it’ll help you too in some way. I mean, let’s start this year by start loving yourself. See you around guys.

xoxo

Comments